Côtes du Rhône
Aromatic and pure on the nose, La Ruchette Dorée opens with notes of raspberry, cherry, and red plum. The Syrah contributes spice and pepper, and there's a hint of violet and sandalwood that emerges with air.
Youthful and grippy on the palate, there's a core of bright red fruit flavours including fresh cherry and raspberry framed by grainy tannins. The finish is long and dry, with echoes of fruit compote, baking spice, and tobacco. There's an excellent balance between sweet fruit and savoury spice, making this a red that you can enjoy on its own or with a wide range of dishes.
Rustic pairings will highlight the savoury flavours of this red, so opt for a pan-seared pork chop served with buttery mashed potatoes or a hearty cassoulet.
Tangy or sweet, juicy or tart: more sophisticated than a strawberry, but just as lush.
Fresh B.C. cherries out of the back of a truck, all eaten before you can get them home!
Your windowsill herb garden gives off a lovely herbal smell every time you walk by.
Sweet, fruity and sensual, similar stone fruit aromas to a peach, but without the 'fuzziness.'
The smell of a freshly rolled cigar, slightly sweet, and earthy - just like Grandpa's hugs.
2022 - 2025
We love wines from the Côtes du Rhône at WineCollective for their character, approachability, and versatility with food, so we were thrilled to find this fantastic example from La Ruchette Dorée. The label highlights some of the aromatic herbs that make up the region's characteristic garrigue, and the blend showcases Grenache, the star red grape of the Rhône. Grenache is native to Spain, but has long been at home in the south of France, and in the case of La Ruchette Dorée, it makes up 80% of the final blend. The remaining 20% is made up of Grenache's most traditional blending partner, Syrah. The vineyards are located near the villages of Séguret and Sablet, two of the twenty Rhône villages that are permitted to affix their name to the broader Côtes du Rhône designation.
The final wine is unoaked, preserving the youthful freshness of the fruit and allowing each grape's contributions to shine. Enjoy this balanced Côtes du Rhône at about 18 C over the next 2-3 years.
All monthly subscription packages include:
Looking for an elevated wine experience? This three pack includes all the benefits of our other WineCollective packages, but with premium and cellar-ready wines.
For $10 monthly, enjoy our member perks (and discounts!) without the monthly shipment. Shop our online store's wide selection of WineCollective approved bottles with access to exclusives.Learn More